GREYFRIARS BOBBY FAITHFUL DOG FROM EDINBURGH SCOTLAND POSTCARD
A vintage postcard which shows a photo of the Greyfriars Bobby statue which is located at the corner of Candlemaker Row and George IV Bridge in Edinburgh, Scotland. The Greyfriars Bobby was a faithful dog who kept watch for fourteen years, over the grave of his deceased owner John Gray.
There is a plaque underneath the statue with the following inscription: A tribute to the affectionate fidelity of Greyfriars Bobby. In 1858 this faithful dog followed the remains of his master to Greyfriars Churchyard and lingered near the spot until his death in 1872. With permission erected by the Baroness Burdett Coutts.
This postcard featuring the Greyfriars Bobby Memorial, Edinburgh was printed in Great Britain by the J. Arthur Dixon company, and photography by Derek McDougall.